Friday, December 8, 2017

#51 SPIRITUAL WARFARE

a few thoughts from my heart this week:

Thursday morning, I have to admit I had a bit of a battle within myself.  There is no excuse.  God is great.  He has blessed me beyond measure.  I am, however, human and fail to hold onto faith sometimes.  Thank you, Father for your patience with me.  Which reminds me of:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places – Ephesians 6:12


I really don’t need to worry.  God always keeps His promises.


Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations – Deuteronomy 7:9

As previously promised, here is a picture of the wonderful gift sent to me from the Bible Baptist Church, Makongeni.  Thank you again.  Not pictured here is the tea, that I have already been enjoying.

Sometimes when you’re having a rough day, God will bring something along your path to just make you smile and forget your rough start.  Let me explain:

When you go shopping, you never know what kind of people you are going to meet.  Last week I was at a local grocery store (supermarket) and left my phone in the shopping cart.  When I realized what I had done, we went back and found a lady who had seen it and turned it in as lost.  I thanked her for her honesty.  Yesterday, I was at the same store and now with my mobility issues, I use a motorized cart.  Below is a picture for my friends reading this who may not be familiar with these carts.  They are available in many stores here for customers to use while shopping.  Now back to yesterday, I was going through the store and there was an older lady in one of these carts, as was I.  She saw me coming and hurried to get in front of me.  She wasn’t joking either.  She really cut me off to go down the isle first.  I thought I was back in Nairobi traffic.  I’m not sure what was going through her mind, but she certainly was determined to be first.  I think I might have even laughed out loud once I realized what she was doing.  Maybe she used to be a NASCAR driver or an East African Safari Rally driver. 😊  Either way, God provided an amusing end to a hard day.



I am amazed at how many people are praying for me.  I was reminded again this past week of a comment I had made a while back.  There are so many people praying around the world and across the USA for me.  I have people praying in so many different time zones that God must hear my name a lot during a 24-hour period.  As well, I am constantly being told from people I don’t even know that their family and/or church in some other location are praying for me.  It’s a truly humbling experience.  I am blessed with friends, family, acquaintances and total strangers who see the value of prayer.

I have been doing some more research on GBMs and read something that may or may not be true.  It is NOTaccording to my doctor.  However, when you cross from monthly scans to scans every two months, that is a bit of a milestone.  Well, my next scan is in 2 months.  I’m going to hang onto the hope that this is a good thing, whatever the reason.

Continued improvements in how I’ve been feeling/strength.

God’s continued provision and faithfulness.

No more trips to Tampa until February, unless something comes up.  That means no scans, no doctor visits, etc.

BECAUSE I CAN MOMENT:

A few days ago, I picked up my left leg and set it into the car first, something I’ve not done in over a year. Small steps, I know.  But still steps in the right direction.

Improved strength.

PRAYER REQUESTS: (These are the same as my last entry, but still remain relevant/needed.)

Continued strength to manage the physical strain of the treatment and exercises to improve mobility

The electronic stimulation device for my leg mentioned in a previous blog – still waiting for some details to sort out, but we’re getting closer.

Courage to face the unknown and opportunities to show the grace of God through difficult times.




No comments:

Post a Comment